A suitable USB memory stick, FAT32 formatted.
An image / firmware of your choice.
Compression software such as WINRAR or 7zip.
HP Format Tool (not required, but recommended).
Teracopy (not required, but recommended).
Format a USB memory stick (FAT32).
Download the image / firmware of choice and unzip it on your desktop with WINRAR or 7zip.
Open the folder that was just extracted to your desktop. This folder is now the folder Giga Blue ‘present.
Copy this entire folder (with contents) to the USB stick.
IMPORTANT: Don not turn off the receiver during the flash procedure. This could cause the receiver severe and permanent damage.
Links to software mentioned in this guide:
For backup reasons, it is perfectly safe and even recommended to have an image / firmware on your USB stick. The image / firmware is only installed if you confirm this with the OK button on your remote;
If you do not confirm with OK, the image / firmware will not be installed and the receiver will start normally.
Installing / flashing the receiver:
- Turn off the receiver completely and remove the power cord from the back of the receiver.
- Make sure there are no USB devices connected to the receiver.
- Insert the USB stick with the image / firmware in one of the USB ports of the receiver.
- Turn on the receiver.
- When the receiver starts you will first see USB on the display after which CONF will be shown.
- Once you see CONF appear on the display, press the OK button, which is located behind the flap on the front of the receiver to start the installation / flash procedure.
- If the installation is successfully completed, the receiver will automatically reboot.
The procedure will take appr. 2-4 minutes.
As long as the receiver is still installing firmware, it is vital that you DO NOT turn off the receiver or unplug it. It can cause serious and permanent damage.