Flashing your AZBox HD Elite/Premium HD(+)/Ultra HD
NOTE: The new software release of OpenRSi is based on OpenPLi and OpenAZBox MOD drivers & kernel.
In this tutorial, we expect that you already have a E2 firmware installed on your AZBox.
For AZBox users that use the official firmware: We are working on a way to be of service to you.
OpenRSi Installation Procedure.
Be sure you have downloaded the right firmware and/or kernel from our downloadpage.
Also, be sure that your AZBox HD receiver is connected tot the netwerk, using a LAN cable. We do not recommend Wireless connections.
In this tutorial, we will install OpenRSi, including the kernel, which you will find on our downloadpage.
In case you have installed our kernel in an earlier stage, never mind.
- If you don’t have Azup 2.2.7 installed on your PC, please follow the next steps:
- Download and install Azup 2.2.7 (latest installer version).
- Download the latest firmware for your AZBox HD, from our download page.
Installing the firmware
- Flip the powerswitch at the back of you AZBox HD receiver.
- If you are booting an earlier E2 firmware, press and hold the Volume + key on your remote control while booting, until an IP address is shown in the display.
- Start Azup 2.2.7 on your PC.
- Please, enter the IP number that was given to you by the AZBox HD receiver.
- In Advanced Options, select the “Format Extended partition” and “Copy kernel” option.
- Press the GO button in the Install E2/Kernel section.
- A window will pop-up. Select the OpenRSI firmware file patch.e2, which you have downloaded from our downloadpage and double-click on it or select it and click on the Open button.
- Azup will now first install the kernel files. When it is done, it will continue the installation, copying the E2 files.
- When the installation is completed, the AZBox HD will reboot.
That is all!