Installing / flashing the receiver using the Rescue Mode:
If you use the Rescue Mode, connect your STB to your router by using a network cable. DHCP should be enabled.
Wireless flashing is not possible.
Manual starting of “Rescue Mode”
- Power ON your STB.
- For STB’s with buttons on the frontpanel: Press & hold the MENU button for 5 seconds.
For STB’s without buttons on the frontpanel: Press & hold the POWER button for 5 seconds.
- Your STB will boot in Rescue Mode.
Once “Rescue Mode” is started, you will see a message on your tv:
NOTE: The shown ip address will most likely be different in your environment.
Start the “Rescue Mode” in a web browser
- Start your favorite webbrowser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Dolphin, etc.) and enter the shown ip address on your TV into the URL field:
- Your webbrowser will now show the “Rescue Mode” options available:Options:
A = Device information
B = Firmware upload
C = Reboot
- The “Rescue Mode” – Device information shows information about your STB like the name and MAC address.
- “Rescue Mode” – Firmware Upload option allows you to upload a zip-file containing an image to be flashed. Structure of the zip-file (folders & files) needs to be identical to a regular image zip-file (e.g. OpenRSI-4.5-gbquad-20160103.zip).Once you selected a zip-file from your harddisk, you have to click on GO:When flashing is in progress, you will see the progress as console text output:Once flashing is done the STB will automatically reboot.
- “Rescue Mode” Reboot allows you to reboot your STB.
NOTE: As long as the receiver is still installing firmware, it is vital that you DO NOT turn off the receiver or unplug it. It can cause serious and permanent damage.